My name is Riley and I’m an undergraduate at UCLA. I’m also a co-founder and advisor of Arist, an e-learning company.
I’m formally studying philosophy with a minor in math, but a lot of things interest me. These things include:
- Human organization
- Self-interest and cooperation: how can we pursue the former and achieve the latter?
- Are there theoretical barriers to equitable cooperation?
- What will be the next innovation in good governance?
- How long will it take for physical living standards to increase? (AKA when will my washing machine get better?)
- How do we get people to believe in progress again?
- Why aren’t there more weird people? How do we get more of them?
- Is it a good thing so many bright young college students go into finance/investment banking? We can extend the question and talk about software startups and VC, too.
- Who exactly should study philosophy?
- Higher education