Ryan Holiday recently wrote a post about what he has learned so far. It’s not been my birthday but I like the format. It’s something I can be publicly wrong about later. Please do add your agreements and disagreements in the comments.
- Nobody knows anything.
- The best way to judge your friends’ morally is not to. Try and maintain a state of negative capability.
- Your real judgements about the world are your actions.
- If you don’t read you are choosing to be at a disadvantage relative to the person you could become.
- Try to think rather than have opinions. Opinions are what we think clever people have but we are wrong. Schooling is terrible at teaching us this.
- Politics is the subject where clever people are the most stupid.
- Biology beats maths. Pragmatism beats ideology.
- Data can disprove your long-held beliefs very, very easily.
- Almost no-one is interested in data…
View original post 252 more words